Friday 14 December 2012

Lucia-dagen

Yesterday was St. Lucia's Day, or Lucia-dagen as it's called locally.  This is (as far as I know) primarily a Swedish celebration but, like Ikea and Volvo, it has trickled westwards into Norway and now most of the little kids here celebrate it too.  I, not even being of Scandinavian descent, know pretty close to nothing about the traditions, so I had to get help at all of the stores to be sure I got the right accessories for Henrik.  He ended up looking cute as a button (as always), but being a careful and rather timid boy, he was frightened by the commotion of  the older kids at the kindergarten and had to leave the assembly and parade to watch from the sidelines with me.  So without any further ado, here are some photos from Henrik's first Lucia-dagen:














No comments:

Post a Comment